How Does Credit Repair Work?
First, credit repair is 100% legal. It works thanks to The Fair Credit Reporting Act or the “FCRA” for short. This federal law gives you the right to dispute any item on your credit report. If that item cannot be verified within a reasonable time (usually 30 days) it must be removed. Even accurate negative items can often be removed or negotiated away. This law is the basis of all credit repair and the SWORD and SHIELD of our business.
You must be told if information in your file has been used against you
Anyone who uses a credit report or another type of consumer report to deny your application for credit, insurance, or employment – or to take another adverse action against you – must tell you, and must give you the name, address, and phone number of the agency that provided the information.
You have the right to know what is in your file
You may request and obtain all the information about you in the files of a consumer reporting agency.
You have the right to dispute incomplete or inaccurate information
If you identify information in your file that is incomplete or inaccurate, you may report the inaccuracy to the consumer reporting agency. The agency must then investigate the item(s) unless your dispute is deemed frivolous.
Consumer reporting agencies must correct or delete inaccurate, incomplete, or unverifiable information Inaccurate, incomplete or unverifiable information must be removed or corrected, usually within 30 days. However, a consumer reporting agency may continue to report information that it has verified to be accurate.
Here are some key points to take home
· Do not apply for financing while doing credit repair
· If someone else has previously performed credit repair services for you, the process can take longer
· Cancellation period ends at 12:00 am CST, on the 3rd day of contract.
· Again, we do not guarantee that 100% of all the negative items will be removed at any specific time frame. On average, most items can be removed within 30-45 days. Although this is fairly quick, remember, it is still a process and can sometimes take longer.
· We offer a complete money back guarantee if not one negative item is removed.
We believe in honesty, integrity, and pride ourselves on providing the highest level of customer service. The first part of which is being straightforward and transparent with our clients in explaining the credit repair process and the services that we provide. Check out our next article to find out more about how your credit works and what you can start doing RIGHT NOW to improve your score.